Yesterday the Internet was aflutter that Apple’s Black Friday deals were leaked, but the discounts are pretty anemic as usual. 9to5Mac got the scoop and promptly posted photos of what appears to be a printed sales circular (which is rare for Apple). While pretty much in line with last year’s discounts, 9to5Mac notes that Apple is offering better discounts on its higher capacity iPads and iPods than last year. The deals range from $11 off the iPod nano to $101 off the MacBook Air, MacBook Pro and iMac. Thanks to Free in Dallas for all this tech sale info. Here’s the short list:
- $11 off iPod nano
- $21-$41 off iPod Touch
- $41-$61 off iPad 2
- $101 off MacBook Air, MacBook Pro and iMac
The best deal of lot is the $898 MacBook Air 11-inch which is a cool hundred of the normal $999 price and darned great entry point for a new Mac.
Here are some other options worth exploring:
- Black Friday – one of the few (only?) official Apple sales.
- Apple Educational Pricing – gives students, teachers and staff members up to $200 off.
- Apple Special Deals – code for “refurbished” Macs, iPods and iPads and a clearance section.
- Big Box chains – Best Buy is currently offering $200 off the 13-inch MacBook Air.
- Catalogers – online retailers like MacMall and MacConnection will sometimes offer modest discounts, free shipping and bundle options.